Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Plow Your Neighbour?
- Plow Your Neighbour is like Uber® for Snow Removal and Lawn Cutting.
We offer an application that allows you to request to have someone clear
your laneway of snow or mow your lawn with the simple click of a couple buttons.
Whether you need it done once, for a whole season or anywhere in between we can help!
Another advantage of using our app is that you will receive prices from multiple service
providers, in your area, allowing you to choose the best one for your needs.
As well, using our application, you can choose to offer those same services to other
people in your area - helping them while earning extra money!
- What areas does Plow Your Neighbour currently serve?
- Our well established core areas include in and around London, Ontario (including St. Thomas, Woodstock etc) as well as Guelph, Ontario
As well we have service providers registered in the following additional cities: *
Mount Brydges, ON
Port Stanley, ON
St. Marys, ON
St. Thomas, ON
West Lorne, ON
We are constantly expanding into other areas with a large push currently throughout Ontario!
No matter where in Canada you are feel free to try our app as we are having new service providers sign up in different cities all the time. Our goal is to be able to service anywhere in Canada.
- How do I sign up?
- Sign up via the "Sign Up!" link on the main page or click here to register.
- I'm all signed up. How do I add my credit card so I can request service?
- Log in to the application and open the Configure screen from the main menu.
On this page you can add your credit card by clicking on the plus sign
next to Credit Card.
This will open up a form for you to enter your credit card details.
** Note: We do not store your credit card number on our servers.
We send your card information to our credit card processor, this one time,
and they generate a unique token which we then store and use in place of your
credit card number allowing us to keep your credit card information safe.
- How does payment work for the new contracts feature?
- Once you have accepted an offer you are charged a contract deposit of 10% of the total value of the contract plus a service fee of $5
(which is already included in the total cost of the contract).
The remaining balance is then divided up equally into weekly payments that are withdrawn during the dates your contract is active. (and
stop once your contract is done) Doing the payments this way prevents you having to pay large sums each month as is more traditional
in these type of service contracts.
- I'm all signed up. How do I get setup to offer service to others?
- Log in to the application and open the Vendor Setup screen from the main menu.
On this page you can add information about yourself or your business by clicking
on the plus sign next to Name.
This will open up a form for you to enter your details.
Next you need to add your bank account information so we can deposit the
money you earn while performing snow clearing or lawn mowing jobs.
To do this click on the plus sign next to Bank Account
This will open up a form for you to enter your bank account details.
Once these steps have been completed you will be able to bid on jobs in your
- I am a service provider and I am uncomfortable providing my SIN # and/or bank account information over the web. How do I proceed?
- If you are uncomfortable providing that information via our iPhone or web app you are
welcome to reach out to us to setup a time where we can get it setup over the
Please feel free to email us at vendorsupport@PlowYourNeighbour.ca to setup a time.
- I've completed an on-demand job. When do I get paid?
- Once an on-demand job has been completed the funds earned from that job will be transferred
into your bank account in 7 days.
- As a service provider how am I paid when using the new contract feature?
- Payments for contracts are divided up into equal weekly payments for the duration of the contract.
You should see your first payment approximately 7 days after the contract start date and weekly
throughout the contract.
- What fees do you charge to service providers?
- The only fee charged is on completed jobs - and that fee is 10%.
You are welcome to bid on as many jobs as you like at no cost. You are only charged the 10% fee on jobs you have won and completed.
- When signing up as a service provider why do you need information like my SIN #?
- This information is needed so that we can be reasonably confident that the person or business that funds are transferred to is who they say they are, and that we are providing our payment processor, Stripe, their correct, full legal name. As background, Stripe needs this info for KYC (Know Your Customer) regulations.
- Who created Plow Your Neighbour?
- Plow Your Neighbour was founded and created by Lee Cassar of London, Ontario Canada.